Our people are our greatest asset
We believe in the importance of nurturing a culture where each team member can use their talents and expertise to serve others in the pursuit of excellent environments.
AMDG Architects is looking for an experienced Project Architect to join their growing team. AMDG prioritizes excellent work and unmatched client service.
100% in-office Monday through Thursday is preferred due to our commitment to collaborative design and mentoring (work remotely on Fridays). There is some flexibility to work remotely at times for the right candidate after successful onboarding.
- Ownership of the drawings; translate design intent into buildable documents.
- Technical: oversee and deliver technical success for the project
- Code: identify code issues and develop a code strategy or strategies for drawings such as determining what to draw / what not to draw.
- Overseeing the clarity, legibility, and hierarchy of graphic communication, and/or developing appropriate details and selection of materials
- Specifications: manage the delivery of the information while developing mastery of the technical specifications.
- Team: manage the drawing efforts of other team members.
- Consultants: manage consultants and coordinate consultant drawings with architectural design and drawings for a well-integrated, well-coordinated overall set of drawings.
- Construction administration: review submittals and shop drawings, respond to inquiries from the contractor, visit the site, coordinate resolution of issues; attendance at OACM depending on PM / project needs.
- Master of architecture professional degree
- Registered architect
- 10+ years of relevant professional work experience
- Ideally experienced in both commercial and residential
- Strong technical and design architectural skills and significant project experience
- High functioning in Revit, SketchUp, and specification preparation (SpecLink)
- Interest in a variety of project types including education, workplace, medical, and residential
- Ability to plan and manage a comprehensive set of construction documents, including the coordination of all consultant work is a must.
- Technical ability in executing details in coherence to design intent
- Experience in the field during construction administration
- Strong communicator and team player / collaborative attitude
- Ability to work well with clients, consultants, and team members on multiple projects
- Ability to deliver the mission of the firm and a strong desire to learn and grow
To apply: please send your cover letter connecting your unique experience to the role in addition to your resume, desired compensation, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Project Designer
AMDG Architects is looking for a versatile licensed architect (preferred) or architectural designer for a senior project designer role. Commercial experience as a technical architect (ideally in more than one commercial sector) is considered a prerequisite for the position given AMDG’s commitment to design and technical coherence. While not required, residential project experience would be considered a bonus. The candidate must have at least 12 years of architectural experience and will bring strengths in upfront programming, graphic communication and conceptual design informed by technical understanding and experience.
This person will lead the design efforts of a project while assisting with technical documentation on projects. Below is a snapshot of the responsibilities:
- Lead the design from the onset of a project through design development. This role requires the candidate to be capable of; leading pre-design efforts and developing design concepts (site, exterior and interior).
- Engage in establishing design standards / protocols for the firm with the potential of being the design protocol lead.
- Oversee design through completion of construction / is a resource to the team as the project is developed / engages with the principal to set the design process and schedule:
- pre-design / programming
- design development: including specification related design decisions
- construction documents: strategic review of drawings and QC
- construction administration: targeted review of design-sensitive shop drawings and submittals
- Owner communication participates in client facing meetings and communication throughout the project as related to design issues. The candidate must be motivated by client centric design and be highly gifted in understanding and articulating owner vision and needs.
- Design communication successfully orchestrates communication tools (graphics, computer modeling, packaging, marketing, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional design skills and thinking – can see the big picture.
- Strong graphic communication skills in multiple formats/software (sketch up and Revit are required).
- Team player with maturity to work successfully within a design studio context.
- Alignment with mission + values of the firm
- Prioritizes relationships and knows how to cultivate partnerships.
- Strong communicator with both internal teammates and external partners.
- Can balance humility, empathy, and expertise through wisdom and servant leadership.
- Committed to continuous improvement and life-long learner.
- A student of design and is aware of the latest innovations in planning and design.
To apply: please send your cover letter connecting your unique experience to the position, plus your resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com.
AMDG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.